Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Living Within Our Means?"

Just three days ago, on October 17, Treasurey Secretary Tim Geithner told all of us that America "must live within its means once its economy recovers if it is to preserve global confidence in the U.S. dollar's status."

Hmmmm. Just a few questions and comments will be sufficient I think. This is the man who with the current Congress and President put us 1.4 Trillion dollars in the hole for this year alone. Projected deficits for the next four or five years (and the Government's predictions are always way too low) are somewhere near 9-10 TRILLION dollars.

And HE is telling US to live within OUR means?

Our country went into a steep recession last year, our government was broke, and the "solution" to getting us out of an economic hole is to print up MORE money and put us DEEPER into DEBT? 'Scuse me--is that how you run your household???? It's not how I run my house. But it's how leftists run their house (Congress) I guess.

By the way, who is this guy Tim Geithner to preach to me? Isn't he the same guy who "forgot" to pay $34,000 in taxes? He gets off scot-free and becomes Treasury chief. Could you get away with it and do the same? Isn't America a great country or what?

Had enough of this kind of arrogant, hypocritical, criminal behavior?

1 comment:

  1. I can count on less than one hand how many politicians I find trustworthy.

    P Shane McAfee

    ReplyDelete